Monday 19 May 2014

15 Days of Beauty & Fashion Tag by @makeupbyclairehull Days 1-4

Okay so to kick off my blogging ways, I thought that there is no better timing than right now to do a tag! And bonus- it’s created by fellow Aussie beauty blogger/instagram blogger Claire Hull. Check her out here:  http://makeupbyclairehull.blogspot.com.au/ or on her instagram @makeupbyclairehull. Love seeing her up on my newsfeed, very informative and she knows what she's talking about. Defiantly worth a read. 

Please note that I am backed up a couple of days so I have mushed together the first four days into one post. Also, deepest apologises for the photo qualities. I am looking into approving this. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D A Y  1: Favourite Eyeshadow/s   


                                                              
For someone like myself that hardly ever experiments with colour or anything remotely exciting, it’s not a surprise that all 3 of my products chosen are pretty much stock standard.

First up, Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio in the shade 05 Too Cool. Such an obvious dupe to the MAC paint pots but less than half the price at around $12 at full price. This is the perfect shimmery white base that neutralises the lid and creates the perfect platform for any eyeshadow.

Next we have the ultimate eyeshadow for anyone that is in a rush or simply just lazy like me. This is the single Maybelline MNY mySHADOW eyeshadow in a light pink champagne colour (perhaps shade no. 309, not too sure because packaging has worn off).  Just dusting this on top of your lid after a little primer and you’re out the door in 2 seconds looking like you actually spent time on your appearance. And the best thing about this product, I picked it up from a Priceline sale for only $1.50!!

 My last, and probably most abused product, is my Nudes palette from Chi Chi Cosmetics. I picked up this baby up from Target last Christmas for the full price of $22 and haven’t looked back once.  An almost exact dupe for the infamous original Naked by Urban Decay palette, this palette is the most versatile product I have ever tried. You can easily go from an office friendly look to an intense smokey eye with just this one palette. Defiantly a must for any Australian girl out there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D A Y  2: Outfit of the Day

I’m going to save you guys the terror and skip this day. I am a University student with an 8am class on a Monday morning - nobody wants to see this outfit! 

I.O.U one OOTD post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D A Y  3: Holy Grail Products


I’ve always been such a big fan of Garnier products so it isn’t much of a shock that 2 of their products are featured in this segment. First up, the ol’ faithful Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in light. I have been wearing this stuff for years now and will always continue to repurchase. I really don’t understand how this gets so many mixed reviews, such a great coverage for a BB Cream, super lightweight and maybe it’s just my skintone but the colour suits me like it was meant for me to wear.

My other favourite, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This is a new product to the Australian shelves and boy is it a good one. With just one drop of this on a cotton round, your full face of makeup; eyes, lips, foundation, bronzer, the whole shabang, will be off in a swipe! And best part about it, doesn’t leave any oily residue on the skin like other makeup removing products, cough Maybelline cough.

Essence Eyebrow Designer in both 02 Brown and 04 Blonde have been keeping my eyebrows sane for months. Super easy eyebrow pencil to fill in any sparse areas, awesome pricing and pretty good colour range. What more could you want in an eyebrow product?

Soap & Glory’s Hand Food is the only hand cream I will touch these days. Super hydrating, doesn’t leave hands feeling wet and smells like marshmallows. No complaints here. Another hydrating product, Natio’s YOUNG Oil Free Moisturiser for oily-combination skin. Designed for teenager skin, this is the lightest moisturiser on the skin and is a super thin formula so that your skin isn’t clogged up in a thick substance.

Last but not least, my White Glo Express Whitening Gel 5 minute treatment. This is my first, and probably my only, teeth whitening system I have ever used and absolutely love it. Super quick and painless and can be done just before a night out for amazing results. Within a week I saw great progress. Don’t think I could never not use it now. Expect a full length review on this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D A Y  4: Product Empties 


2 Maybelline mascaras, Lash Stiletto and The Falsies Volum’ Express, both in the shade blackest black. Dear old favourties of mine, both are perfect for layering purposes. I have never really met a Maybelline mascara I haven’t liked. I have already repurchased falsies and will probably do the same for lash stiletto when I finish my current ones.

Australis Fresh & Flawless pressed powder in the shade natural. By far, the best powder on the Australian shelves. Gives extra coverage and matifies the face without giving it a “flat” look. Have already repurchased this in the darkest shade however for a more bronzy glow.

Rimmel London Bronzing Compact in the shade Medium Matte. Defiantly an underdog in the beauty world, haven’t seen or heard much talk on this one however it is my current favourite at the moment. It is completely matte and reminds me a lot of the infamous Hola Boxed Bronzer by Benefit. Isn’t super orange and easy to blend in. Have already repurchased and have a back up for.

The 2 foundations I have used up recently have been the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous in the shade natural beige and Revlon Colorstay in the shade 180 sand beige. Both some of my favourites, both have a medium coverage but can easily be built up into a full if desirable. Will probably catch these guys at a MyChemist sale and repurchase both in the near future.

Maybelline Coverstick in ivory. An old favourite of mine that even though has a couple of uses left needs to go. The forumula of this product is super creamy and opaque and covers any and all imperfections quite well but the “lipstick” design to it tugs and pulls on my skin making the application almost unbearable to be used under the eyes. Will probably not repurchase this one despite my 14 year old self dying inside.

Thanks for reading guys, I will see you tomorrow for day 5! 
Again, feedback is much appreciated. 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxox
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com

Camera used: iPhone 4
Editor software: http://www.ribbet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment