Monday 26 May 2014

A healthy and really easy dairy-free green smoothie recipe!

*Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form a health professional- just a teenage girl who really has no idea what she's talking about. If you need any health life tips or other healthy recipes, please consult your GP and/or health professional*

After seeing so many green smoothies and juices on Instagram, I was determined to start drinking them myself. However, once I read all the ingredients most of these "pretty juices" had in them, I was quite put off. Spinach AND kale AND apple AND coconut water? Certainty they don't go well together. Also, a lot of the thicker smoothies I saw had a milk or yoghurt product in them which doesn't go down too well for someone who has a low tolerance for lactose products like myself.

Although, after months of testing and trying I think I have found the easiest green smoothie recipe out there and bonus- it's dairy-free!!

Read on for the recipe.....


COURTNEY'S GREEN, DAIRY-FREE SMOOTHIE RECIPE! 


Ingredients: 
(This can be chopped and changed, based on your preferences. This is just what works for me)

  • 2 large handfuls of baby kale (regular kale would also work) 
  • 2 large handfuls of spinach 
  • 1 cup of water (I do not like the taste of pure coconut water but if you do, that will be a great alternative as it will add more flavour!) 
  • 1 cup of red seedless grapes 
  • 1/2 cup of frozen berries, I use raspberries 
  • 1 small banana 
  • 1 small apple 
  • 1 tablespoon of black chia seeds 
Method: 
  1. Dice the apple, banana and grapes into smaller pieces, making it easier for the blender to blend together everything later on. 
  2. Chop baby kale and spinach.
  3. Add the kale and spinach with the water inside the blender and blend on a low setting for 10 seconds.
  4. Add in the chopped fruit, frozen berries and chia seeds and blend together for another 20-30 seconds or until smooth. 
  5. Pour into a tall glass or tumbler and top with a sprinkle of chia seeds.

There you have it- the easiest smoothie ever!! Because we used the whole banana, the mixture is thickened and becomes a smoothie-like texture without milk/yoghurt.

Thanks for reading, let me know if you try out this recipe! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C O N T A C T  M E 

Instagram: @ccccccourtney 
Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment