Monday 2 June 2014

"Courtney Chats" with: Eila M

This week I got to chat with Eila, an 18 year old beauty guru & vlogger from Sydney, Australia.  She is such a beautiful girl and was super kind to talk with. I have watched her videos for a while now and love how informative and down to earth she is in front of the camera.  I myself was really interested in what she had to say and her answers and I hope you are too!

Continue on for the full interview


----------------------------------------------------------------------------




What’s your favourite thing about being on YouTube?
I’d probably have to say that my favourite aspect of YouTube is the strong sense of community. Every YouTuber that I’ve encountered so far, have all been really friendly, accepting and supportive. I find making new friends through YouTube to be so rewarding!

What was the first video you ever made?                                         
Throughout my lifetime so far, I’ve made quite a few YouTube channels, so I can’t say for sure what my first ever video was. On my main channel, the first video I ever posted was a vlog of DOMMsmiles (Dominique Amor) and Girlbeyoutee’smeetup. It was such an awkward video, plus I hadn’t learnt the wonders of filling in my brows yet, so that video has now been privated!

How do you balance YouTube/social life/schooling/homework/etc.?
I find that as long as I have a good schedule set up, I’m able to balance schooling, life and YouTube. It definitely helps that I don’t have a job, and that I’m only currently uploading once a week on YouTube.

Who are your YouTube models? Anyone you look up to in the beauty world?
I’d have to say that my main YouTube role model is Shannon Harris (shaaanxo). I’ve been watching her videos for years now, and she just inspires me so much! Her makeup is always flawless, she posts videos so regularly, and she seems to be a really lovely girl!

How did you tell your family/friends about your videos? How did they react?
Well, I actually started off my YouTube channel with my best friend, Sarah, so she knew about it from the very start. I don’t think my parents really understood why I wanted to make YouTube videos, but they didn’t have any issues with it. My friends have all been really supportive of my channel.

Are you attending IMATS this year?
Yes, I will be attending Sydney IMATS this year. I haven’t booked tickets yet, but I will definitely be going on the Saturday (not sure about Sunday yet). I had the best time at IMATS last year, and can’t wait to go back!

Favourite drugstore product?
This is such a hard decision! I love so many different drugstore products, but I’d probably have to choose my beloved Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. I wear it almost every day, and I just love how glowy and radiant it looks on my skin.

Favourite high end product?
I don’t have many high end products right now, but my favourite would probably be my MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Sunny Seoul. It is the most gorgeous warm pink shade, with a slight shimmer in it. The formula is amazing too, it’s so moisturising and glides onto my lips so nicely.

One skincare item you cannot live without?
I’d probably have to say the Biore Nourish Moisture Lotion. It is my holy grail moisturiser! It just makes my skin so soft and smooth, and contains SPF to prevent sun damage.

If you could have a dinner party and invite any 3 people from YouTube, who would they be and why?
I’d probably have to choose Shannon Harris, KarissaPukas and Lauren Curtis. They seem like such lovely girls, and I think having a dinner party with them would be a lot of fun!


Eila's latest video as at 2/6/2014



You can find the gorgeous Eila on her various social networks here:
Vlog Channel:  www.youtube.com/eilavlogs
Twitter:  @eilaxo
Instagram: @beautybyeila
Tumblr:  www.finding-the-beauty-in-life.tumblr.com


Thanks for reading and don’t forget to contact me if you yourself want to be featured in a future Courtney Chats or want to nominate someone. Thank you in advance. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment