Sunday 1 June 2014

May Favourites

My favourite products and other random goodies from the month of May! 



BEAUTY FAVOURITES OF THE MONTH:

Nivea in-shower body moisturiser When it comes to skin care (spoiler, skin care routine coming soon!) I am incredibly lazy. The last thing I want to do once I get out of the shower is to rub a cold, thick butter onto my skin that leaves an oily residue for hours. This product you apply directly in the shower, rinse off, towel dry and bamn- perfectly soft skin. It's too easy. It is also super hydrating as one of the main ingredients is almond oil. Highly recommend for anyone who has dry skin or are just super lazy!

MAC cremesheen lipstick in the shade fanfare Coming into the cooler months here in Australia, it is real easy to lead towards the darker shades for lips. However, a dark purple or deep red aren't always socially acceptable. This colour is such a perfect nude colour for colder weather. It isn't too nude that makes me look washed out and even more paler that what I am but also isn't too dark that it looks brown. A perfect shade that I believe will work on a variety of different skin tones. It is also voted number one bridal lip colour so if you're becoming a bride soon maybe you should pick this one up.

Essence XXL shine lipglosses I have never been a huge gloss girl but these have completely changed me. Super inexpensive and easy to wear, and a huge colour selection available you are bound to find a shade you adore. Not sticky at all and sits really nicely on the lips. Pretty sure I have the entire colour range in my lips drawer- ridiculous! But defiantly a must-have, you can pick some up from your local Priceline or Target!

Maybelline BB cream in light I tried this product months ago and absolutely hated it. I was so used to my thick consistency of my Garnier BB cream that I thought this was way too runny and didn't cover anything. After finding it in the back of my collection catching dust, I decided it give it another go. Because my previous skin issues are (finally) clearing up, I find the coverage now to be the perfect light/medium coverage and a refreshing change from my Garnier one. Feels like I am wearing nothing at all and keeps my oily skin under control all day. It is also super easy to apply- perfect for someone who wakes up at 5am on a Saturday to start work.

Soap and Glory's Breakfast Scrub First of all, my favourite named product of all time. Elleni will appreciate this one. Secondly, it smells like maple syrup and lingers for hours on end after use. And thirdly, it scrubs off dead skin like no other. My absolute favourite body exfoliator. It is a bit on the pricier side, but I think it is completely worth every cent.

Bath and Body Work's candle in the scent Leaves I've always said I wasn't a candle person but you suddently change your mind when you smell one this good! The perfect wintery scent that is so strong it can fill your entire house. Unfortunately Australia is still behind in the times and can not access these amazing candles but if you can somehow get your hands on them I strongly suggest this scent. Shout out to my best friend Molly for picking me up this when she was over in America last year!

NON-BEAUTY FAVOURITES OF THE MONTH:

This month I purchased my very first car! Carter Rion Clark. A 2004 Kia Rio that I have fallen in love with! It may not be the newest model car or have the best locking system (sometimes locking me in the car) but I love it to death. I love the freedom that I now have and being able to drive to and from places. And I love the fact that I have an asset worth more than $100 in my possession. Even though I have been 18 for months, I truly feel like an adult now. And plus, Carter is super cute so that helps.

I completed my first semester of university this month also. So glad to be stress free for the next 2 months and not worrying on a Saturday trying to remember if I have an assignment due at midnight or not. I did however very much enjoy my first semester and I can't wait to go back. I love the friends I have made and the context of my course is so interesting and I 100% feel like this is what I am meant to do.

 My favourite TV show recently has been the latest Survivor season, Survivor Cagayan which had it's season finale within this month. I am the biggest Survivor nut and watch every season, majority of the time I rewatch the series again also, so I couldn't wait for this season to begin. Although I was unhappy with the winner, (I was rooting for Spencer the entire series- damn you Tony!) this season was so interesting and the games played were a lot different than previous seasons. Again, I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next season to start and when it does, expect it to be in another monthly favourites.

That's everything I've been loving in May!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment