Monday 9 June 2014

My skincare routine

Everything I use to scrub the day away and to help fight acne!



First things first, my skin story. I was blessed with oily-combination skin which is very temperamental and occasionally sensitive at times. I basically either have either crystal clear skin with not a pimple in sight or a face full of spots. However lately I have only been experiencing the second option. I used to only get pimples on my forehead and nose but recently, since turning 18 I have, lucky me, started to find them on my cheeks and around the bottom of my jaw line. 

Fortunately, I now have a skin care routine that seems to work for me. Yes, I still get pimples here and there and some days are worst than others, but majority of the time I like'd to say that it works. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so it's no surprise that I am an extremely lazy individual. So when it comes to a morning routine, it's basically non-existent. I only use hot water to open the pores and clear out the gunk from the previous night and then apply cold water, refrigerated if possible, to close up the pores, preventing large openings.  I do this whether I am planning on wearing makeup that day or not. I may moisturise after this point but I'm going to be honest here, 9/10 times I forget and just go straight to using my primer.

I shower at night so it cuts out a lot of my cleaning routine, which I highly recommend. Prior to jumping in the shower, I use a facial wipe just to get rid of some of the makeup applied on my face. I really don't have a favourite facial wipe, I basically only buy the cheapest option as I refuse to pay over $5 for a packet. Currently, I am using Lacura Facial Cleansing Wipes. Super inexpensive and really hydrating- what more could you want? I then jump into the shower and get my hair and body over and done with and then focus on my skincare. If I have done a full coverage look, like if I have gone clubbing or had a dancing performance, I will use the help of an exfoliating glove to help remove the makeup. I use Exfoliating Gloves by Manicare with a light hand and they do the job just fine. I have previously used a facial brush but have found they are too rough for my sensitive skin. 

Next up, I use a face scrub. I am a massive fan of Garnier (no surprise here) Pure Cleansing 3 in 1 Face Mask and Scrub. However, because it doubles up as a mask, I felt as though my skin was being exposed to it too frequently and I switched to St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemish Control as I have read killer reviews. I then sometimes follow up with Natio's Gentle Foaming Cleanser if I feel as though my skin is a lot drier than usual, but because of my oily-combo skin, I can normally get away with skipping this step. 

Once I step out of the shower, I blast my face with cold water once again to close the pores up. To ensure myself that all traces of makeup are off my face, I use Gariner Micellar Cleansing Water on a cotton round, I just pick mine up from Kmart, and run that around my face to get every piece of makeup and dirt off. I love this product- can not get enough! 


I then tone with T. N Dickinson's Witch Hazel and follow up with Natio’s YOUNG Oil Free Moisturiser for oily-combination skin. If I have any red spots or feel like a pimple coming on, I use Elf's Zit Zapper for a spot treatment. I know this has gotten a lot of negative reviews but I read the ingredient list and there is not a lot of nasties so I will continue to use. And plus, it seems to dry up my spots so they aren't looking like a hot mess on my face. 

And that's basically everything! I hope you enjoyed reading what I chuck on my face on a daily basis. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment