Wednesday 18 June 2014

"Courtney Chats" with: foreverFreexoAmi

I sat down recently with 18 year old Ami, the girl behind the camera on foreverFreexoAmi, to see what she had to say.I have been watching her for about a year or two and have loved seeing her channel evolve and change into something very professional and informative. She was such a positive girl and was so kind to talk to and discuss the questions. Between battling the struggles of year 12, having a part time job at McDonalds AND doing YouTube, I was extremely interested to know how Ami does it all. Read on to see her answer to this and many more. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who are your YouTube inspirations?
There are so many YouTubers who inspire me to make videos. Bethany Mota, Fleur De Force and Allison Anderson are some of my favourite beauty vloggers and I am inspired by the videos they put up and the effort they put into their channels. Other inspirations are the entire Australian beauty community who are supporting and working together to allow the community to grow and become successful. It’s an amazing thing to apart of.

What’s your favourite video you have created?
I would say that either my Deb get ready with me or my Valentine’s Day tutorial from ages back would be my favourites because they were videos that I put a lot of effort and time into making and I was so happy of the outcome when there were finally finished.

How do you balance YouTube/social life/schooling/homework/etc.?
Creating a balance between them all is very difficult but I believe the key to balancing them all successfully is to plan well. Although I have found that hard to do with YouTube this year because school and homework have become a priority, as well as working part-time at Maccas, but by managing my time better and prefilming makes it easier to juggle them all.

What’s the worst thing about being on YouTube?
I would say that the worst thing is that it is time consuming and takes up a big chunk of my life. I love to film, edit, render and upload videos but it is a long process and the waiting around for a video to finally be finish can be annoying. I guess people underestimate the effort it takes behind the scenes needed to produce one video.

How did you tell your family/friends about your videos? How did they react?
At first my parents didn't really understand the whole thing and why I wanted to put myself on the internet for everyone to watch. But with time they have come used to the idea and can see how happy it makes me so now they’re super supportive. With my friends,however, it was a bit different because I didn't tell them until earlier this year but since they have been really supportive and encourage me 100%.

Favourite type of videos to watch and why?
I really enjoy watching tutorial videos because I can tell that they are videos that people put effort into making and I find them really entertaining. Also tags videos are so funny to watch and you to get to know the YouTuber more, which is always nice.

Favourite drugstore product?
Golly gosh, that is hard to answer but I would have to say my Australis Translucent Finishing powder is a big favourite. I like it because it sets my makeup perfectly, allows it to last the long day at school and makes my face feel as smooth as a baby’s bottom. Couldn't live without it! 

Favourite high end product?           
At the moment, my new favourite has been Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I recently got it for Christmas and it has been a great thing to experiment with. The various colours of different pinky shades, a few matte and shimmery, work perfectly together and they are just so pretty!

One skincare item you cannot live without?
My holy grail skincare product would be my Olay Complete Defence UV Protection moisturiser. It has SPF 30+ so it protects my skin while not being too oily so that my makeup doesn’t slip off during the day which is a bonus! It also has a pump which makes it so easy to control and you don’t waste product. I can’t go a day without wearing it.

If you could have a dinner party and invite any 3 people from YouTube, who would they be and why?
I’d probably choose a mix of different types of YouTubers, so I’d love to have dinner with Connor Franta, Grace Helbig and Zoe Sugg. They are definitely some of my favourite Youtubers and I think their personalities would work well together to make the night fun, interesting and enjoyable.

Ami's latest video as at 18/6/2014

Follow the gorgeous Ami on all her various social media sites:
Instagram: @foreverfreexoami
Twitter: @foreverfreexami

If you are a YouTuber or know of a YouTuber that you would want to be seen featured on the next segment of "Courtney Chats", please do not hesitate to shoot me an email with their YouTube channel. Thanks in advance. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E 

Instagram: @ccccccourtney 
Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment