Monday 14 July 2014

Flab to Fab: Motivation to get you to the gym!

Whether it's rocking up to a 9am lecture on a Monday, cleaning my bedroom or simply just going to the gym, it takes me some serious motivation. It's something that I, and I believe many others, lack. Sometimes you just need that extra push to get you out of bed and in the gym! Here are some tips that I use to make myself go.

The perfect source of motivation! 


1. Pay for your own membership
Call me cheap, but this is probably my biggest motivation to get my butt to the gym. If you're making your own income and your parents are still paying for your membership, you really need to grow up you need to change your ways. Having your own hard-earned money being deducted from your account each month appeals to your hip pocket nerve and will give you the motivation to go. Who wants to be paying $40 a month for a swipe card to sit at the bottom of their bag being unused? I sure as hell don't!

2. Keep your membership card on you at all times
Keeping your entry card and a bag of gym clothes and runners in your school locker or boot of car, you can never use the "I don't have enough time" excuse ever again. Having easy access to these items will allow you to fit in quick and easy bursts of gym time, even when you're strapped for time. Coming home from work early or skipping the last lecture of the day can now mean you can squeeze in that 30 minute gym session. And a 30 minute gym session is better than no gym session at all.

3. Create a killer playlist 
Because I listen to my car radio most of the time, I tend to not hear a lot of my favourite music genres and artists. Sometimes the only thing that will get me through cardio days is my music blaring. Having all your favourite songs in one playlist will hopefully make you not want to get off the treadmill. Likewise, if you have a new album you want to give a listen to, when else are you going to have a spare 50 minutes to listen to it? The gym is a perfect place! Some of my favourite artists to listen to while I work out are San Cisco, The New Velvet, The Cab and my personal favourite, John Mayer to cool down to.

4. Bring a friend 
Working out with a friend is not only enjoyable but if you struggle with staying at the gym longer than an hour, can make you stay longer than usual. I'm lucky enough to have multiple friends that go to my gym and it is never too hard to convince at least one of them to go with me at a time. Nothing is better than gossiping and working out!

5. Purchase workout gear
Having something cute and fun to wear at the gym can be extremely motivational! Everyone wants to boast about their new purchases and the gym is the perfect platform to do so. Some workout gear can be super pricey and again, you don't want to just be on the couch eating potato chips in your $100 pair of LuLu Lemon leggings. (If you want to find cute and affordable gym gear however, click here to read one of my previous Flab to Fab posts!)

And there you have it! If you aren't running to the gym by now, I don't know what else more you need! Comment down below what motivates you to go to the gym.

Thanks for reading  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment