Saturday 28 June 2014

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit Review

If I hadn't complained about it enough, as of lately my skin has completely freaked out and it is the worst it has ever been. At this stage, I am about willing to try anything and everything if it claims that it will help my situation. On one of my recent shopping trips to my favourite place, Kmart, I spotted the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit. At first I was hesitant and was about to put it back when I caught a glimpse of the side of my face on an reflective surface in the skin care aisle- and then I couldn't swipe my debit card quick enough! 


I picked this up for an easy $19 and the kit included 4 items- bargain right? The kit includes the Acne Control Cleanser, Acne Control Toner, Acne Control Moisturiser and the Fast Clearing Spot Treatment. All items in the kit are avaliable for purchase seperately also which is helpful if you run out of one. However, in the kit, both the moisturiser and the toner are not full sized products like the cleanser and spot treatment are.

Acne Control Cleanser Just a pea-sized amount of this clear, gel-based wash is enough to create a rich and creamy lather, big enough to wash your entire face, neck and décolletage. It has a bit of a subtle scent which I quite enjoy yet nothing that lingers or leaves the face irritated. Once rinsed off, my skin is left feeling extremely clean and refreshed however I can feel an oily residue left behind. The cleanser contains Benzoyl Peroxide, a powerful component used in topical acne treatments due to its proven effectiveness.  While impressive, Benzoyl Peroxide does come with a downside; it can initially be drying to the skin. Perhaps the oily formula (and thus, the oily residue) in this cleanser is supposed to counteract the excessive dryness. 

Acne Control Toner This product contains quite a bit of alcohol which you can defiantly tell after first applicationIf you have acne prone skin or if you just exfoliated, the last thing you want to do is put something harsh on your face. I noticed when I put this toner around my problem areas, it stung like no tomorrow. I recommend that if you have any open wounds or popped pimples, keep this toner away from these areas. The cleaning power of this product however is great. Each time I used it, it would pick up left over product after I had just deep cleaned my skin. I would not repurchase this product as it is too harsh for my skin. I have heard that Clean and Clear make a sensitive skin alternative so I am going to give that one a go. 

Acne Control Moisturiser I've read some holy grail reviews on this product so I was expecting big things. Unfortunately, I didn't get all the hype. It was a great moisturiser and soothed the skin but it also didn't really help clear up current acne, which is really it's main focus. If you're in the market for a new moisturiser, I recommend this one but if you're looking for one to help acne, give this one a pass! 

Fast Clearing Spot Treatment I love spot treatments and this is no different. Out of the four products, I believe this has done the most work in approving my problem areas. Its soothing and does its job. No complaints here. 

My face progress after using the Advantage Acne Control Kit for 2 weeks: 

Although I have not experienced any drastic changes in my skin the past 2 weeks, I have loved using this kit. It has calmed my skin down and I believe my skin is finally in the early stages of making it's way back to it's normal, "a zit every now and then" self. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E
Instagram: @ccccccourtney
Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment