Wednesday 2 July 2014

June Favourites

See what I've been loving in the month of June! 


BEAUTY FAVOURITES OF THE MONTH:

Nivea Chap Stick in the shade Pearly Shine: I'm always on the look out for the perfect nude colour but each time I test them out I look like I've just smeared foundation all on my lips. A couple of months ago I saw my friend Molly wearing a perfect pinky-nude colour and was so shocked when she said she was only wearing a chap stick, as I have had it in my collection for years and haven't bothered to use it. I am now using this on the daily. It's such an easy wash of colour and perfect for people who work in hospitality or just want an easy to wear lip. 

Essence LASHmania Reloaded mascara: After seeing Chloe Morello, someone who is infamous for using lavish products in her makeup tutorials, use this $5 something mascara I knew I had to pick it up. It is a wet formula, which I usually hate, but works so well as a layering mascara. It extends my lashes so much that they are scrapping the insides of my glasses- that's when you know a mascara works! I normally pair this one with Covergirl's Clump Crusher and they are a match made in mascara heaven! 

Lush Lipscrub in Popcorn: Melbourne got a heavy dose of the winter cool this month and because of this, my lips paid the price. No matter how much lip balms and chap sticks I use throughout the day I always find my lips to slightly cracked and sometimes, red raw. Not cute. Being one of the only lipscrubs I have use, asides from my own DIY recipes (post coming soon!), this one defiantly ticks all of my boxes. Exfoliates well, removes the dead skin, gentle on the lips and tastes delicious. Love this product. 

Nair Easy Wax Face and Body: One of my goals for the year was to learn how to wax my own eyebrows. Alas, I am not very good but after discovering this product I have defiantly improved. Its a hot wax that you simply just chuck in the microwave and then apply straight to the skin. It also dries hard so you don't need to use wax strips to remove. Too easy! 

Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation: I'm constantly trying out new foundations so this month I went into my collection to find one that needed to be used up. I picked this one up and forgot about how much I used to loved it. Because of my skin issues I have been having, I was in need of something that wasn't too heavy although gave a full coverage look. This one exceed my needs and was perfect. It's semi-matte finish and medium but very build-able coverage worked so well with my skin that I have forgotten about all my other foundations! Why try something new when you've already got the best?

Real Technique's Conceal brush (from the Core Collection set): At first I neglected this brush because I thought it was too small and thought it was pointless to use a brush for concealer. But again, my skin issues this month have made me lean towards using this and I haven't look back. The small point of the brush makes it super easy to cover up blemishes and red marks. Because it is super small too, it's easy to clean daily so bacteria isn't spread around the face. 

NON-BEAUTY FAVOURITES OF THE MONTH:

This month I have finally got my butt into gear and joined a gym. So far I have gone at least 5 times each week, focusing mostly on cardio and leg strength. I think I've gotten into the routine of going every day which is what I wanted to achieve. A couple of my girlfriends from high school go to the same gym also so I can easily spend 2 hours there which makes the experience a whole lot easier. It also gives me something to do as I am still on University holidays and want a break in-between working ridiculous hours at work (5:30am starts are not for me!). 

The first week of this month I also made a drastic change to myself and chopped off my hair! It wasn't as short as I had wanted it to be but I still love how clean cut it looks and the straight cut off. I love how much lighter it feels and how much quicker it is to style. Next month I am looking into cutting it even shorter and perhaps getting a couple of blonde highlights to create a balayage effect. 

I have been loving Beautybaby44's June Journey vlogs all throughout this month. Lindsey is probably one of my favourite beauty YouTubers and I always love getting the inside look into her life. Her and her sister Meghan are hilarious and I loved coming home to a new vlog each day. 

Just want to give a shoutout to my friend Mollie who began posting on her blog this month also. Defiantly go give her blog a read at www.mollielives.blogspot.com.au 

That wraps up everything I have been loving! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment