Thursday 26 June 2014

Flab to Fab: My journey

Although it has taken me basically 6 months into the year to begin, I am finally tackling my biggest new year's resolution of year: to start working out regularly, eating healthy and begin loosing weight. I know, I know, the most typical resolution known to man! But with the completion of my year 12 studies out the way, becoming a fully licenced driver and having 2 whole months of university holidays, I have absolutely no reason as to why I can't start now.

I am beginning this new segment, cleverly named Flab to Fab, to not only document my progress and workouts, but to also give you guys tips into the beauty side of things! Of course, you will be seeing heaps of workout gear hauls and gym-friendly make-up tutorials but also updates on me. Read on to how I am approaching this journey of mine.

Photo source: gtafitness.com


Throughout my childhood, I was always the little petite girl who had next to nothing fat on her body. I was not only thin, but I was also very short. I was extremely active, constantly running around in the backyard with my brothers and I loved the 100m sprints on athletics day.

Maybe that is why I was in such shock when one day in high school I suddenly realised I had the biggest hips in the world! And my stomach wasn't as flat as it used to be. And my thighs touched when I walked. But did I do anything back then when I first realised? Of course not. I was in year 9, why would a 14 year old girl need to workout? (For the record, I still stand by this statement!) I tired the odd home workout here and there and brought a healthy salad to school for lunch, but this obviously didn't work and the kilos piled on. It wasn't until my final couple of years in high school when I realised how different my body actually was. You know you have a problem when you notice that your younger brother's legs have more muscle definition and were much thinner than your own. The same brother that you used to tease for being the "chunkier" one of the family.

Now, I am not saying I am the fattest person in the world- so fat that when I loose all my weight, I am going to need surgery to fix the flabby skin left behind like many contestants on the infamous The Biggest Loser. But for my frame size and height, it wouldn't kill me to loose 5-10kg and work on toning my bod. I'm 5'3 and weigh just under 70kg, I am looking into loosing weight from my bottom half and looking into toning my arms and legs. To achieve this, I recently purchased a gym membership and am going in 4-5 times a week. At the moment, I am focusing on cardio and only a little bit of leg and arm strength. As for my diet, I am probably not as strict as I should be but I have cut out all soft drinks, which wasn't too hard as I am not the biggest fan, obvious foods such as chips, chocolate, lollies, all the good stuff basically, and swapping for healthier alternatives. I'm forcing myself to drink as much water as I can in a day and swapping one meal for a smoothie/juice daily.

Not only am I doing this for my body's physical appearance, but I am also doing this because as of lately my skin has completely lost it. I have lost count on how little red dots I have found on my skin and will basically try anything to stop more from coming. Even though, I don't know how that is quite possible as there is almost no more room for them to form!

So there you have it, my flab to fab journey! I hope you stick by me and my large hips to see me change throughout these coming months. And if you see me eating a twix, I give you full permission to smack it out of my hands!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com


1 comment:

  1. loved this post girl!! good on you, keep working hard!! I think I'll have to follow in your footsteps xx

    ReplyDelete