Monday 23 June 2014

Finding out your undertones

When I first started out with makeup, I remember reading in magazines about the different undertones in your skin and being either a cool toned person or a warm. I was so confused and had no idea even how to determine what shades worked well with me. I was terrified that after all these years, I was wearing the wrong shade jumper with the wrong earrings. Luckily, you guys can no longer stress as I have 4 simple tests to help determine what your undertones are. 




1.       Your Veins
The oldest trick in the book! When you look down on the inside of your wrist, what colour do you see? Are they blue or green? Typically, if they are more blue, you most likely have cool undertone. If they are a solid green or have hints of green in them, you’re warm.  Also, if you’re known to get very vainy in the colder weather, it is a clear indication that you’re most likely cool.
2.       The Jewelry Trick
Depending whether silver or gold jewelry looks the best on you can also determine your undertone colour. Girls with cooler undertones look better in silver and platinum metals, and warm toned girls look better in gold.
3.       Eye and Hair Colour
Usually, cool people have eyes that are blue, grey, or green and have blonde, brown, or black hair with blue, silver, violet and ash undertones. Conversely, warm-toned people usually have brown, amber, or hazel eyes with strawberry blonde, red, brown, or black hair that tends to have gold, red, orange, or yellow undertones.
4.       The Sun’s Effects
Do you bake it or fake it? When you’re out in the sun, do you get a nice golden tan or do you go red raw? If you tan, you are usually warmed toned, whilst if you burn you are cool.

Please note that these aren’t always 100% accurate and that you might get different answers to some tests. I for insistence, am cool toned yet I have dark eyes and naturally red hair so according to the eye and hair colour, I would be categorised as warm. The tests also don’t incorporate fake tanning, as once I fake tan and I am at my darkest, I do change into the warmer undertones.  If you are still confused, you can always go into your nearest Mac counter and ask them to match you! (It’s free!)   

And there you have it- hopefully by now you have discovered what your undertones are!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I've got a cool undertone! Thanks for the help Courtney!!

    ReplyDelete