Wednesday 9 July 2014

"Courtney Chats" with: CrazyBeautyBaby1

This week I got the pleasure to talk with the gorgeous Alex, the mastermind behind CrazyBeautyBaby1! She promises new YouTube videos every 4 days and has a variety of content from beauty, fashion & DIY's. Plus, she does this all whilst balancing school and a new job- she is superwomen in a form of an Australian teenage girl! Continue on for her full interview.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s your favourite video you have created?
My favourite video that I have created is probably my most recent ‘Morning Routine’ video. I spent a lot of time filming, editing, colour correcting, finding the perfect music and I just put a lot of effort into the video in general. It received lots of good feedback from my subscribers, so I’m just very proud that all of my hard work and effort paid off.

Hardest thing about being so open on the internet?
I think the hardest thing about being so open on the internet is that you are vulnerable to a lot of negativity. People feel much more confident when they’re hiding behind a computer screen, they are more likely to give you criticism - and not the constructive kind. People will be brutally honest in picking out flaws in everything you do; your appearance, your opinions, your content etc. But I also think that having the confidence to be so open on the internet allows me to get used to this negativity and develop a ‘thicker skin’, not being as affected by it.

On average, how many hours go into YouTube in a week?
For me, I try to keep a consistent schedule of uploading a video every four days, and being a full time high school student, I try to manage my time as efficiently as possible. This usually ends up with me filming two videos a week. Some videos take longer than others but on average, I probably spend 1 hour filming, 4-6 hours editing and around 30 minutes to create a thumbnail. So in an average week, I spend anywhere from 5.5-7.5 hours creating content for my channel.

Any tips for young girls out there wanting to begin with their own beauty channels?
The first thing you have to keep in mind when creating a channel is that it is going to take time and everyone gains subscribers at a different rate. You aren’t going to become ‘YouTube famous’ overnight. That being said, if you put hard work and effort into your channel, you can control - to a certain extent - how popular it gets. I have been creating YouTube videos for just over two years, and I have 1,700 subscribers. I also know YouTubers who have been creating content for the same amount of time as me with 50,000 subscribers. So don’t get discouraged if you don’t build a subscriber base as quickly as you’d like.

Another tip for when you decide to start making videos is to record some ‘practice’ videos. Film some videos so you can practice getting comfortable in front of the camera and get familiar with some editing skills so you’re not as awkward as I was in my first video!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Still doing YouTube?
In 5 years I will be 22 years old. I still have absolutely no idea what I want to pursue in my life as of yet, but whatever that is, I hope that I will still be doing YouTube. It’s a great creative outlet for me to express myself, connect with others and just enjoy myself, and I can’t imagine myself ever not doing YouTube.

Most expensive item you have purchased yourself?
Am I the only one who never had enough willpower to save up for expensive things on my own, and just asked for them for my birthday/Christmas!? However, I recently got a job and have been saving my money - for once not spending it all on clothes! This kind of counts I guess, although I haven’t purchased it yet, but next week I am going to buy a new camera. The Canon 600D to be precise! I’m so excited, and let me tell you, saving up the money to buy it yourself is so much more satisfying.

Favourite type of videos to watch and why?
I love watching videos like makeup tutorials, lookbooks, DIY videos and basically anything that showcases a lot of creativity, filming and editing techniques. I just love watching a video and being able to appreciate and be inspired by someone else’s unique ideas and editing.

Favourite drugstore product?
This is a hard one as most of the makeup I buy is drugstore. I’m probably going to have to go with my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. I love this product for multiple reasons. Being a BB Cream, it provides the perfect amount of coverage, it isn’t too light, nor is it too heavy. It also gives my face a healthy glow without looking too oily. It’s definitely my favourite face product and after careful consideration, I’d have to name it my favourite drugstore product as well.

Favourite high end product?
I’m going to be cliché here and say that my favourite high end product is my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. It comes with 12 eye shadows that are perfect for creating a range of neutral and dramatic looks. It’s a $50 product, which might seem a bit steep, but the colours are gorgeous and I use it basically every day, so I’m definitely getting my money’s worth.         
     
If you could have a dinner party and invite any 3 people from YouTube, who would they be and why?
The first person would be Katy from HelloKaty. She is very inspirational to me in how much effort and passion she puts into her channel, definitely remaining one of my favouriteYouTubers. The second person I would invite would be Alyssa from AlyssaJaynex. Alyssa is one of my closest friends on YouTube and to meet her in real life would be an awesome experience. The third person I would invite would probably be Connor from ConnorFranta because, well, he’s a cutie and who wouldn’t want to have dinner with him!

Alex's latest video as at 9/7/2014 

Follow the lovely Alex on all her social media sites:
Twitter: @CrazyBeautyBaby
Instagram: @alexandraaa_07


Thanks for reading and don’t forget to contact me if you yourself want to be featured in a future Courtney Chats or want to nominate someone. Thank you in advance. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment