Sunday 3 August 2014

July Favourites

Everything from my favourite scent to my favourite TV show of the month!


BEAUTY FAVOURITES OF THE MONTH:

Elf Maximum Concealer: I brought this on a whim on my way to my dance exam (which completing the exam is a favourite in itself!) as I was in such a hurry I had forgotten to put on foundation. In the state that I was in, I had accidentally picked up a concealer instead of a foundation. Alas, I didn't realise and smacked it on my face in the car and fell in love! The coverage is full but breathable and easily blended into the skin. It has a matte finish which I don't love normally but it sort of works with this. Because of the high coverage, I don't wear it everyday but each time I do I fall more and more in love! 

Lucas' PawPaw Ointment: It's no secret I have been loving my dark lipsticks this month but with constant lipstick touch ups, comes dried out lips. And with Winter hitting Melbourne hard this July-did not make matters better. I put this balm on each night, or at least when I remember, and it repairs my cracked lips overnight. This product is defiantly worth all the hype it receives. 

Natio Bronzer and Enhancer in Warm Day: I love my Natio products and this isn't an exception! A bronzer and illuminator duo, the pinky highlight is perfect for winter to give the skin a glow. I am normally a liquid illuminator kind of girl but this creamy powder formula has changed me for the better. I am not too keen on the bronzer half of it but I do sometimes use it as a crease colour so it's very versatile.  

Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck Perfume: One of my favourites in my collection, I love this Wintery scent that is both sweet yet subtle. Not overly powerful like a Brittney Spears scent but still fun, girly and sweet smelling. Easy to wear and I have gotten compliments from strangers asking who am I wearing- that's when you know it's a good perfume! 

Face of Australia Bronzer Streak Free Tanning Mousse: After the lovely Lauren Curtis made a rave video on this product 2-3 years ago, I have been hooked. I have tried hundreds upon hundreds of different fake tans and always seem to go back to this one. Unlike Lauren, I haven't moved on! I only ever use a foam tan as it's much easier to manage and apply. It gives a gorgeous light colour but can also be built up to create a dark bronze. This and the Le Tan Fake Tanning Glove are a match made in fake tan heaven!

NON-BEAUTY FAVOURITES:

This month, my friend Molly and I made the 1 hour trip down to complete the 1000 Steps Kodoka Memorial Track. I've done it previously a while ago and forgot about how hard it was! Molly blitzed through the track while I weighed her down but it was a super fun morning nonetheless. It's a great, healthy activity for everyone of all ages and even has an awesome picnic area and cafe where you can enjoy a delicious snack once you've completed the 1000 steps! 

I have been loving blogging in general this month also. I created my blog because I was embarking a 2 month long holiday from university and had some free time on my hands. Now my holidays have sadly ended and I am back to being a full time student, working lots of hours at a job I don't particularly love and having to complete 8 weeks of unpaid placement on top of all that. Blogging has been a getaway from all of this and I enjoy and appreciate it a lot more. Unfortunately there have been some mishaps from other people stealing ideas and taking my content and claiming it as their own this month, but that has not stopped me from posting! I've also love all the oppurtunites and companies I get to work with just because I am doing something that I love. 

The grand finale of MasterChef Australia was aired this month and I was very pleased with the winner. Not only is Brent gorgeous, but I was rooting from him from day one. I can't wait to see what he is going to do in his future. This month I have also fallen head over hells in love with Cupcake Wars. I have hit the point where I find myself watching it at 3 in the morning, getting so angry at the team who produced the low quality, buttercream frosted cupcake and still got through to the finals. It's so funny and entertaining and reccomend everyone to at least check it out. (You didn't hear it from me, but full episodes are available on YouTube!)

That's all, I will see you guys next month for another favourites post! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E

Instagram: @ccccccourtney

Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I really love your writing, when are you going to update next?? much love, fellow 2014 blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your writing, when are you going to update next?? much love, fellow 2014 blogger!!

    ReplyDelete